Grilled Fruit Kabobs are a win at any summer barbecue. The heat of the grill enhances the flavor of pineapples and melons.
Prep: 15 minutes plus soaking and standing - Grill: 8 minutes - Serves: 4
- 4 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 8 (1-inch) cubes honeydew melon
- 8 (1-inch) cubes pineapple
- 8 (1-inch) cubes watermelon
1. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, oil, lime zest, salt and cayenne; add fruit and toss. Let fruit stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Alternately thread honeydew, pineapple and watermelon onto skewers; reserve lime juice mixture. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning every 2 minutes. Serve kabobs drizzled with leftover lime juice mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 kabob): 110 Calories, 4g Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 154mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 18g Sugars, 9g Added Sugars, 1g Protein